Share my writing life...

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Australian Community Writers

Australian Community Writers Inc.
President’s Report
November 2005

Well… we’ve made it through another year. And what a successful year it’s been for us.

Our conference and short story competition were both enthusiastically supported by members and non-members alike.

We hope to see these events continue to grow throughout the next few years as the A.C.W. grows in membership and in support.

I’ve been doing a little writing of my own lately. It’s been a while since I’ve written short stories and poetry for competitions and anthologies, but… ta-daaah… I’ve managed to write and re-write a few and I’ve actually sent them off. Keep your fingers crossed.

My novel has been left in limbo for a few months, so I have to get back to that as well. Since the writing bug has bitten me, I’d better take advantage of the poison and write, write, write.

And… guess what…?

I have even started a BLOG.

Yeah, I know, very corny, but have you ever tried one? It’s great. You get to jot down what you’re thinking at the time, just like in a real diary, only on-line. Of course, mine is about what I’m thinking about my novels, stories, plot lines and characters – nothing really personal – well, most of the time it isn’t deeply personal.

Cheers for now.

Until next time… keep writing, reading and loving every minute of it.


No comments:


Plurk

GoodReads

Widget_logo

Glenloth Earth Tones Art at Zazzle


Gypsy Stone Dukkering

Casting the Stones

Long before the Tarot became synonymous with fortune telling, Gypsies used the natural world around them to help them see into the troubled hearts of those who came seeking knowledge and guidance.
River stones, gems, crystals, sticks, needles and bones were often used by the dunkerer [dukkerer] or palm reader.
I love using my own set of river stones that I personally hand picked and charged with healing energy.
When I read, I'm not so much telling a fortune, as looking into the heart of the energy surrounding the person I'm reading for. I believe this gives a more accurate insight into what is at the heart of a problem or situation and can provide real, down to earth ways of helping people deal with what life sometimes throws at them.
Casting the stones is something I love and I hope to continue with my readings for as long as life will allow.

Láshi Baxt Me Zhav Tute

(May Good Luck from me go with you)

My Facebook

Heather Williams's Facebook profile