Share my writing life...

Thursday, December 29, 2005

PROCRASTINATION

Procrastination. That's what this is. I'm supposed to be writing, but here I sit fiddling around with blogs and surfing the net.

I've been catching up with friends over Christmas. Good friends. The genuine ones. The ELBs [remember those from the Anniversary?]are supposed to catch up with me some time before New Year. ELB1 rang me the other day to say "Merry Xmas". Yeah, yeah, we must get together. Sure! I'll believe that when I see it. I rang ELB2 to catch up with her. She also said she'd give me a ring before she goes back to work. Yeah, right!

So... I'll wait and see.

In the meantime, I do have plenty to get done. There's always the GST and accounts to do. Yuk. I think I'll put that off. I shouldn't, but I just can't face them yet. Give me a few days to get over Christmas.

My blood sugar levels have gone crazy. They're way over 12.0, which is ridiculous for me. All my life, I've operated at a level low enough to put most people in hospital - 2 to 3. Now they're up to about 12. That's crazy. I have been very careful about what I've been eating and drinking, so there's really no reason for the dramatic rise. I can't seem to get it to drop. Don't know why.

My blood pressure is also up a little. That's probably because I ran out of one lot of tablets. I have to go back to the doctor to get another prescription. I've been putting it off, but now I'll have to make the appointment. Now, at least, I have two things to complain about: sugar levels and blood pressure.

Man oh man! Must be getting old. What's next? The arthritis playing up...? Don't laugh. With the weather getting hot then cold, it really is playing up. Can't win, can you?

It's supposed to get to 41 degrees Celsius tomorrow. Yay! Bring it on. A nice, clear dry heat. I love it. Saturday is supposed to be a killer though: 39 degrees and stormy. The humidity will drown us.

Okay. Let's not procrastinate all day.

Back to writing. After all... Isn't that what I love doing best?

Yeah.

See ya!

No comments:


Plurk

GoodReads

Widget_logo

Glenloth Earth Tones Art at Zazzle


Gypsy Stone Dukkering

Casting the Stones

Long before the Tarot became synonymous with fortune telling, Gypsies used the natural world around them to help them see into the troubled hearts of those who came seeking knowledge and guidance.
River stones, gems, crystals, sticks, needles and bones were often used by the dunkerer [dukkerer] or palm reader.
I love using my own set of river stones that I personally hand picked and charged with healing energy.
When I read, I'm not so much telling a fortune, as looking into the heart of the energy surrounding the person I'm reading for. I believe this gives a more accurate insight into what is at the heart of a problem or situation and can provide real, down to earth ways of helping people deal with what life sometimes throws at them.
Casting the stones is something I love and I hope to continue with my readings for as long as life will allow.

Láshi Baxt Me Zhav Tute

(May Good Luck from me go with you)

My Facebook

Heather Williams's Facebook profile