Share my writing life...

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Meltdown of the Brain

Nothing, but NOTHING, sends me around the bend faster than modern technology when it doesn't work!

This time it was the computer.

Yes... AGAIN.

The hard disc failed. Yep, completely died. And with it went everything I hadn't had a chance to back up... AGAIN.

I was lucky that I didn't lose any of the accounts or any of my writing this time, but there were a few photos I was very worried about. Thankfully our resident computer expert managed to save everything off that old hard drive and put it on the new one.

The worst thing is that I had to reinstall all my programs. Time consuming and frustrating. Especially if you happen to be like me and you modify your word processors to your own particular likes, ie. colours, fonts, file locations, etc.

OK. So more than $400 later, I'm back on line, I've reconnected my email servers, reinstalled all my programs and even managed to put my old "Favourites" back on.

However... the one really annoying thing I did lose was my email address book. Grrrrrrr!

This is the fourth time in 12 months that I've had to start all over with my email addresses. To say that's a pain is a monumental understatement. And I don't even want to think about what's going to happen when I need to send the next newsletter out.

Computers!

I've come to rely so much on mine that I'm totally thrown whenever it spits the dummy - which it seems to do whenever I let my guard down and forget to back something up or think that I'll back it up on the weekend.

Note to self: Don't wait until the weekend to back things up. Do it immediately - if not sooner!

I have nothing more to say on that subject except: I'm still fuming and I DON'T TRUST COMPUTERS...!!!

No comments:


Plurk

GoodReads

Widget_logo

Glenloth Earth Tones Art at Zazzle


Gypsy Stone Dukkering

Casting the Stones

Long before the Tarot became synonymous with fortune telling, Gypsies used the natural world around them to help them see into the troubled hearts of those who came seeking knowledge and guidance.
River stones, gems, crystals, sticks, needles and bones were often used by the dunkerer [dukkerer] or palm reader.
I love using my own set of river stones that I personally hand picked and charged with healing energy.
When I read, I'm not so much telling a fortune, as looking into the heart of the energy surrounding the person I'm reading for. I believe this gives a more accurate insight into what is at the heart of a problem or situation and can provide real, down to earth ways of helping people deal with what life sometimes throws at them.
Casting the stones is something I love and I hope to continue with my readings for as long as life will allow.

Láshi Baxt Me Zhav Tute

(May Good Luck from me go with you)

My Facebook

Heather Williams's Facebook profile