Share my writing life...

Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Paintings Are Up

 

All is ready for the Phoenix Art Exhibition.

 

Today we hung all our paintings up. It took from 11.30am until 7pm, but it's all done and looks fantastic. All we need now is people through the doors.

 

I have 24 paintings in this exhibit. Most are ink on canvas. A few are acrylic. All are fire elemental energy paintings.

 

I hope people buy some. All the money from sales is going to the bushfire appeal. It would be good to have a substantial amount to donate.

 

Over this next week I won't have much time for anything other than the exhibition. I have to be there at the door every day until it closes.

 

I'll take my laptop I guess. That way, when there are quiet times, I'll have a chance to get a little work done. Probably some editing.

 

It's late now. I have a load of washing to put in the dryer for tomorrow.

 

Cheers for now.

No comments:


Plurk

GoodReads

Widget_logo

Glenloth Earth Tones Art at Zazzle


Gypsy Stone Dukkering

Casting the Stones

Long before the Tarot became synonymous with fortune telling, Gypsies used the natural world around them to help them see into the troubled hearts of those who came seeking knowledge and guidance.
River stones, gems, crystals, sticks, needles and bones were often used by the dunkerer [dukkerer] or palm reader.
I love using my own set of river stones that I personally hand picked and charged with healing energy.
When I read, I'm not so much telling a fortune, as looking into the heart of the energy surrounding the person I'm reading for. I believe this gives a more accurate insight into what is at the heart of a problem or situation and can provide real, down to earth ways of helping people deal with what life sometimes throws at them.
Casting the stones is something I love and I hope to continue with my readings for as long as life will allow.

Láshi Baxt Me Zhav Tute

(May Good Luck from me go with you)

My Facebook

Heather Williams's Facebook profile