Share my writing life...

Monday, June 04, 2012

Port Clinton Ahoy!


From Flint we drove down through Michigan and into Ohio. It was great watching the change in the terrain from hilly and marshy to flat farmland. We loved the vast open spaces.

 There are huge farms out here. Acres and acres of ploughed and planted fields of corn and wheat mostly.


We were amused at how they ploughed and planted right up to the edges of roads, houses, even towns.

This is real farming America. All the farms were so neat and tidy, it was amazing.

We'd drive for miles and suddenly there'd be a quaint old farm house and barns. 


A typical farm house in Ohio. 

A lot of Americans said "Don't go to Ohio, it's flat and uninteresting." We found it really pretty. Flat farmland has its own beauty.



We continued on until afternoon and decided to stop at a pretty little place called Port Clinton right on Lake Erie. We stayed in a B&B here and really enjoyed it.


Pretty Port Clinton on Lake Erie, Ohio.

You guys getting envious yet? Look at that gorgeous weather!! 

 Shit! I've got to lose some weight. Far out! Anyway, that's me at the lighthouse at Port Clinton.

Geoff looking out to... not sea, but lake.

I couldn't resist it. I took my shoes off and paddled in the rock pools around the front of the lighthouse.

I've had my feet in Lake Ontario, Lake Michigan and now, Lake Erie. Michigan was by far the coldest.

You probably can't make out what these are, but they're fossils. 






There were fossils in the rocks everywhere.

Can you believe this view? This is where we stayed for the night.

Check this out. This is what Lake Erie looks and sounds like....

In the morning we took off for Bucyrus. Everyone laughed. What the hell would we want to go to Bucyrus for? There's nothing there! Nobody goes to Bucyrus. Well... we did.
 

 






 

No comments:


Plurk

GoodReads

Widget_logo

Glenloth Earth Tones Art at Zazzle


Gypsy Stone Dukkering

Casting the Stones

Long before the Tarot became synonymous with fortune telling, Gypsies used the natural world around them to help them see into the troubled hearts of those who came seeking knowledge and guidance.
River stones, gems, crystals, sticks, needles and bones were often used by the dunkerer [dukkerer] or palm reader.
I love using my own set of river stones that I personally hand picked and charged with healing energy.
When I read, I'm not so much telling a fortune, as looking into the heart of the energy surrounding the person I'm reading for. I believe this gives a more accurate insight into what is at the heart of a problem or situation and can provide real, down to earth ways of helping people deal with what life sometimes throws at them.
Casting the stones is something I love and I hope to continue with my readings for as long as life will allow.

Láshi Baxt Me Zhav Tute

(May Good Luck from me go with you)

My Facebook

Heather Williams's Facebook profile